Physical Plant Director Keeping Everyone Happy and Safe
B.A. in religion, minor in history, elementary and secondary education from Pacific Union College in 1968
M.A. in elementary education social studies emphasis, earned from Michigan State University in Singapore in 1980
Education Specialist in administration and leadership from La Sierra University in 1997
Teaching (expires 2021). Elementary education, driver’s education/training, history, religion (junior academy), business education (junior academy), industrial technology.
Administration (expires 2021). Principal, supervisor of instruction.
Having the joy of teaching for 43 years in the SDA educational system and being a principal for 30 years:
Teacher – El Dorado Adventist Academy, Placerville, CA
Teacher, Principal – Livermore Valley SDA School, Livermore, CA
Teacher, Principal – Far Eastern Academy Elementary School, Singapore
Principal – Palau Mission Academy, Koror, Palau
Teacher, Principal – La Rue Villa School, Hong Kong Adventist Hospital, Hong Kong
President – Lakpahana Adventist College and Seminary, Sri Lanka
Principal – Valley View Adventist Academy, Arroyo Grande, CA
Principal – San Francisco Jr. Academy, San Francisco, CA
Teacher – Redlands Adventist Academy, Redlands, CA
- Learning how to print at Pacific Press Publishing Association in Mountain View, CA.
- Having the privilege and joy of earning a degree in religion from an outstanding Bible department at Pacific Union College.
- Learning how to do plumbing, electrical, painting and institutional cooking at Pacific Union College.
- Teaching canoeing and supervising the kitchen for five years at Pinecrest Summer Camp near Lake Tahoe. This is where I met Linda in a canoe, on Echo Lake, 48 years ago!
- Twelve years of volunteer fire service at Angwin, Placerville, Byron and Grover Beach, CA
- I grew up in a military family as my dad was in the US Coast Guard. My parents met in San Francisco during WWII. We lived in Alaska, Washington, and Oregon. Dad was in charge of three lighthouses and stationed on rescue and ice breaking ships. Dad and mom are buried in Arlington National Cemetery, Washington, DC
Additional RAA Responsibilities
Teaching rocks and minerals to the third graders with two field trips.
- Traveling and studying nature and history with Linda. We have visited 35 countries.
- Spending time with my two daughters, Julie and Leasa, and their families.
- Being with Rylan, Sam and Nathan, the grandsons.
- Being at RAA with the kids.
- Reading about God’s miracles and angels.
- Being out in nature, rockhounding and leading field trips.
- Visiting lighthouses and historical military sites.
- Studying geology and marine biology, snorkeling and diving.
- Chasing fire engines.
- Riding my motorcycle with Linda.
- Goal: Visit Lake Titicaca in Peru and see the reed islands. One last trip with the grandsons to show them Palau, Singapore, Sri Lanka and Thailand.
Favorite Bible Text
Matthew 6:33: Seek ye first the kingdom of God.
Revelation 22:20: Come Lord Jesus.